Thursday, August 18, 2011

happiness


So I just got this book... and let me preface this by saying I have only started the first chapter... It's a lot harder to read a book with a lil person running around. But I'm really excited about this book. For some people this book would be silly to read, they have happiness built in them, but for me it's something I need to work on (among many other things).  In the first few pages she talks about putting yourself, along with your marriage or relationship at the top of the list. A quote "my own personal happiness, nourished by the time I take for myself, benefits my children. I've read the scientific studies that prove this... So out with the gilt, and in with the joy." This is something hard for me to apply but I'm excited to try, and the more I read the more I agree, because I believe you learn from example. She introduces 10 key steps to help you set the stage for your children's happiness.  And I also recommend this to read while pregnant... you can never start to early. You can get this on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment