Saturday, July 23, 2011

Some good essential books


This is a book all women should have. I received it after I got married, and I reference it often. It's a guide to help keeping every little thing in your house clean, I wish I could follow it exactly but not there's not enough time and energy with a little munchkin running around messing everything I clean up. But it is a great book for your library, it has tips on how to get stains out of your clothes, to how long your vegetables will stay fresh in the fridge to emergency preparedness. You can pick it up at your local Barnes n Noble or online at Amazon.



Another Martha Stewart book, that crazy broad is talented. This cookbook is a perfect for everyone, you don't have to be a chef to cook out of this book. The recipes are separated by seasons, which is nice because you know you'll be able to find all the ingredients at the market. It has easy to make salads with dressings, stir-frys, soups, pastas and desserts. Literally all the recipes have a short list of ingredients so it's quick an easy and they also have good flavor. I hope you check this one out at Amazon or your local book store.


This last book is one that you would probably not pick up, it's a small, and a kinda cheesy looking cookbook. BUT this is my go to Mexican cookbook, coming from California we have really good Mexican and I feel it's hard to duplicate it, but these recipes hit it out of the park. If you want to get crazy and make your own tortillas or refried beans they have the recipe. It also has simple tacos, enchiladas, fajitas, soups and churros and a lot more authentic food. I like to travel with this book in case I go somewhere that doesn't have very good Mexican I can make it for the family. This one might be a little harder to find but I found it on of coarse Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment